Are you looking for a career with a stable and growing organization? Join Schenk Architectural Imports Ltd. North America’s contemporary design leader serving the architect, designers, and millwork communities since 1968. Schenk offers unique, high quality manufactured cabinet doors, and interior design elements.
We are looking for a visionary technology leader in Hardware architecture within connected Systems, to drive a common approach to Hardware design for compute-intensive Internet of Things (IoT) applications. This critical position reports to the Vice President of Operations. You will bring demonstrable experience in Hardware system and Information Systems development. You will drive the creation of the next generation IoT platforms, designed to support IoT application Software requirements in areas such as equipment control, ERP integration, advanced analytics, and data processing.
You will be determined and assertive in both listening to specific business group needs as well as communicating a global approach to Hardware architecture and information systems in a manufacturing environment. You will bring demonstrable experience in Hardware system and information systems development to drive the creation of the next generation IoT platforms.
This role is responsible for the setup and support of all hardware, networking, and IT business services for staff, facilities, and potential subsidiaries. This role has the responsibility for all engineering processes to support deployment and maintenance of IoT, IT, and information systems, and demonstrates and shares expertise and deep technical knowledge in the following areas:
IT Support – Procure, deploy, manage, and support all employees and facility IT equipment. Provide primary support for personnel for IT issues including PC deployment, account creation, application support, and general troubleshooting.
Networking Setup and Support – Coordinate to help install and maintain networking equipment.
Hardware Development/Management – development and deployment of next generation hardware and connectivity solutions.
Connectivity Management – support deployments, troubleshooting and on-going management of deployments and other IoT solutions.
IT/IS Cost Management – Development and management of IT/IS budget.
Company Integrations – Participate as team member evaluating and executing IT/IS integrations.
Special Projects – Work with business users to understand requirements, evaluate technology, options, and implement new tech solutions. Lead the overall cloud-based IoT ecosystem strategy while partnering closely with management to determine value propositions, architectural vision, and roadmaps. Lead the hands-on design, development, and validation of a variety of proof-of-concept projects and demonstrations that align with the organization’s roadmap.
Corporate IT Interface – Operate as an IT representative to understand/communicate on corporate IT roadmap; advocating for divisional requirements, challenges, and opportunities. Full ownership for architecting end-to-end internal and cloud-based IoT platforms and solutions that provide unique, high value for our customers.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in production modelling (3D modelling process) an asset.
- Strong presentation skills and good communication skills a must.
- Extensive experience in Hardware Design and Architecture and IT and Information Systems
- Full IoT technology stack for a variety of applications.
- Multi-layer frameworks expertise is a strong plus.
- Strong experience with designing embedded systems, such as designing for extended-life.
- Background in platform and design-for-reuse principles.
- Strong background in utilizing cutting edge Hardware and system CAD/ CAM tools for requirements management, configuration management, schematics capture and simulation/modelling
- Experience working with a wide variety of connectivity solutions with particular emphasis on wireless technologies
- Experience in working with multiple technology platforms
- Familiarity with Internet of Things (IoT) Edge Hardware platforms (design for cloud connectivity)
- Knowledge of physical and logical security methods implemented in Hardware
- Familiarity with Open Source standards
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence at all levels in the organization
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies; evaluate technical alternatives based on experience while working with specialists to develop the most effective solution
- Strong technical leadership to teams for Hardware and Firmware capabilities through matrix relationships.
- Experience with machine learning, data analytics and related technologies is a strong plus.
- Experience with Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) techniques and processes, including any model-based language is a strong plus.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, learn new technologies, and ramp up quickly is key to being successful in this role.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present regularly to cross-functional teams across the organization and translate complex technical concepts into simple and succinct details is a strong requirement for this role.
$55,000.00 to $65,000.00 annually
How to Apply
Interested in applying for any of the opportunities above? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com In the subject, please state the position you are interested in applying for.